The Great 52
Every week I’ll add my favourite/best links to this page, from discoveries on the infinite world that is the web.
Let me know if you have any suggestions!
1. Lets start close to home shall we? Love Thy Muse is written by my spunky fashionista friend Heidy. She is originally from my own home town of Perth, but is chasing dreams in Toronto, Canada. This blog is a visual diary of muse discoveries and other such ramblings. Adorable!
2. You cant go past The Design Observer for, well, everything! Especially if youre a design student. Its heaving, HEAVING it tells ya! with thoughtful, provocative, and inspiring posts on anything and everything design. My only issue is that there is TOO much content. Tis safer to type in your theme or discipline as a search, and start from there. If you start browsing, you will be lost in the abyss forever.
3. InteriorDesign(dot)net is an American based resource of everything amazingly ID. I particularly love the notion of Interior Design TV – virtual tours of products and designs. See my previous post about a New York warehouse conversion
4. Although I live in the cosmopolitan city of Melbourne, Australia, I actually spent my formative years on the opposite side of the country. I lived in Mount Helena in Western Australia (about 1 hour east of Perth) until I was 22. 6000Times is an amazing blog that I keep popping back to – and that kind of religiousness is rare in my fickle surfing habits. The photos are gorgeously derelict, and the dry humour is even better!
5. You cant go past Habitus online. Im a subscriber to the print magazine too (you’ve got to love the tangible) but I do love the short sharp nature of the Habitus blog format. Its the kind of entity Id KILL to write for, covering Australasian design, food, fashion, furniture, travel and really most things for the design lover. Its also a beautiful, clean, no fuss website that’s rich in content but does not appear overwhelming.
6. Far from intellectual word-wizardry, but equally poignant, this community of photo-collectors is a beautiful little hub of beautiful photographs, inspiring scenes, and warming thoughts. Its just great for obscure images aligned to your crazy thoughts. Its a wee bit girly, but luckily… Im a girl. We Heart It